Confession. I love soup. Even when it’s 90 degrees outside.
The Instant Pot is the PERFFFFECT way to cook a hot meal without heating up the entire house. It’s been super hot this week so I couldn’t resist pulling out Instant Pot to cook up dinner.
A few notes: don’t be afraid to use regular sausage if you are not a fan of spicy soups. It’s just as good. Also, a little more or a little less pasta will not “make or break” this recipe, add pasta to YOUR preference. Lastly, add more veggies if you want! I’ve done this recipe with celery and peppers – it was delicious.
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup Ingredients
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 3 Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Cups of Spinach (chopped)
- 40 oz of Chicken Broth
- 1.5 Cups of Ditalini Pasta
(Acini di Pepe is classic for this soup, but it tends to be more expensive so I don’t ever use it)
- Dried Basil (optional / use to taste. I tend to use about 1/2 – 1 tsp)
Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup Instructions
- Set Instant Pot to saute & add oil.
- Once hot, add Italian sausage and cook until brown & drain.
- Add carrots, onion, pasta, and chicken broth & stir until mixed.
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once done, hit the quick release.
- When the release is finished, open the lid and stir in the spinach and (optional) dried basil.
- Set the Instant Pot back to saute and allow the soup to start to boil.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and serve!