Eating your veggies can be difficult. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE VEGGETABLES. That said, when you are spending time perfecting one recipe having to cook two is difficult. At almost 40, it is really time for us to get our “act” in gear. So, I present to you, air fryer breaded cauliflower.
Sitting down and deciding what works best for us was not hard. Kim had a vision in her mind that 75%+ of her plate needs to be plants. Like most people who are ready to start something new, the first step is always heading to Pinterest. The next step is to get overwhelmed and drink wine. We did both.
Cauliflower is one my favorite vegetable to work with. It’s so versatile and absorbs all the flavors you cook it in. A huuuuge plus is both the kids gobble it up. This recipe might just be perfect. It’s easy. It’s delicious. After making (and enjoying) it for many months we have learned it goes with so much. Chicken. Beef. Other vegetables. As you can imagine, it even made a great appetizer!
Air Fryer Breaded Cauliflower
- Air Fryer
- 1 head Cauliflower washed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 Tbsp Olive oil or your favorite oil (avocado, sesame, peanut…)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 cup Plain Bread Crumbs or Italian Bread Crumbs
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder to a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well
- Remove the leaves and stem from the cauliflower and break and cut down it into bite size pieces
- Add cauliflower pieces to the bowl with the other ingredients and mix very well with your hands making sure all the cauliflower gets coated in the oil and other ingredients
- Pour the bread crumbs over the cauliflower and stir to coat the cauliflower well
- Preheat your air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes (The Air Fryer we use https://amzn.to/2EKVyTJ)
- Oil the air fryer basket (I like the EVO oil sprayer https://amzn.to/3hA6jqH)
- Add the cauliflower to the basket and cook in the air fryer at 400° for 15 minutes for dark crispy breading, 380°F for a more golden brown crispy breading, or 350°F for a light brown breading but still a tender cauliflower.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, shake your cauliflower and spray with oil
- After 10 minutes of cooking, shake your cauliflower, spray with oil and if it the cauliflower is getting to dark, turn your temperature down to 350°F for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Plate your cauliflower with any main dish and enjoy
Love our Air Fryer Breaded Cauliflower? Check this out before you go!
Don’t forget to check out some of our other air fryer recipes: