I often talk about how great the Air Fryer is! I know you are curious, so check out this blog post for Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken. Honestly, with a little creativity (and good timing) you could do BOTH recipes in your air fryer. These Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes are very worth it.
A New Way to Cook (& Dave’s Journey to Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes)
One thing about moving into the fifth wheel was learning how to cook our favorites. Everything/anything is truly possible with an instant pot and an air fryer. For those wondering, we also have a single burner and an electric skillet. I enjoy having options when cooking! That single burner is a life saver for boxed mac and cheese nights.
Shall I get back to the air fryer? As you can imagine, necessity has forced our hand a bit into getting creative. Dave can spend hours imagining a new recipe. Sometimes we win, sometimes we lose. This one was a HUGE win. Shockingly, on the first try! More often than not cravings come from me. I ask for specific dinners and Dave does his best to accommodate me. However, this one? This was alllllll him. I just got to go along for the ride, and boy was it delicious.
Add a ham steak and green beans to your Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes and you’ve got yourself an award winning dinner. Amazingly and shockingly, our family of 4 also had enough for leftovers.
Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- Large spoon
- 3 Medium/Large Russet Potatoes washed well
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 strips Bacon cooked
- 3 Tbsp Butter sliced thin
- 3-4 Green Onions sliced
- 1/8 tsp Salt potato skins
- 1/2 tsp Salt potatoes
- 1/8 Black Pepper potato skins
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper potatoes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder or granulated Garlic
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- ~1.5 cups Mild or Medium Cheddar Cheese shredded and divided into 2 piles
- Preheat your air fryer at 400° F for 5 minutes
- Spray air fryer basket with oil and place potatoes in air fryer basket
- Spray potatoes with olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder the potatoes then flip the potatoes
- Repeat, Oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder the potatoes
- Air fry the potatoes at 380°F for 20 minutes
- Flip the potatoes and air fry for another 20 minutes for super soft potatoes
- Let potatoes cool for 10 minutes
- Empty one potato and discard that potato skin or chop the skin small and add to the potatoes
- Cut the other two potatoes in half
- Carefully use a large spoon to remove the potato meat from the potato skins without damaging the potato skins (save the potato skins) and add the potato meat to a mixing bowl
- Add all other ingredients to the potatoes in the mixing bowl (butter, sour cream, 1/2 of the cheddar cheese, green onions, bacon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper) and mix very well
- Stuff the saved potato skins with the potato mixture evenly and place the potatoes in the air fryer basket
- Air fry the potatoes at 400°F for 5 minutes
- Add 1/4 of the reserved cheddar cheese to the top of each potato
- I pinch the cheese together with my fingers so it stays on the tops of the potatoes
- Air fry the potatoes for 2 minutes at 300°F to melt the cheese without burning it
- Let the potatoes cool for about 10 minutes and then serve them up with whatever is for dinner
- Watch the how to, step by step, instructional video for guidance, tips, inspiration, or just for fun
Follow Along With Our Journey
We love new friends! Subscribe to our YouTube channel for more recipes and adventures. Don’t be afraid to search through our blog there is tons and tons of great recipes all done by Instant Pot Dave. He really is a tiny home cooking master.