Any guesses on how many times it takes to perfect your instant pot million dollar spaghetti recipe? Three. Or four. Perhaps five. I lost count.
The Best Instant Pot Million Dollar Spaghetti
As always, experimentation is key. Learning the right liquid portion. The perfect amount of cheese. We did all the heavy lifting on this one so you don’t have to. Let me tell you, I have three little taste testers that made this extra hard. Two of those taste testers are under the age of 4 and at the top of their “pickiness”. My other taste tester, my wife, less picky. However, she does know more words to tell me exactly what she doesn’t like in a recipe.
When this recipe was done and ready, I had ZERO comments. Everyone was too busy chowing down. In case you missed the YouTube video of this one, you can see footage of me chowing down as well. It was just SO good.
I also didn’t get a burn notice on this one. The burn notice is the Instant Pot cook’s worst nightmare. I swear I hear ghost “burn beeps” even when I’m not cooking.
Instant Pot One Million Dollar Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Instant Pot
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 16 oz Spaghetti Uncooked
- 1 lb Spicy Italian Sausage Mild Italian Sausage could be substituted
- 14 oz Frozen Italian Meatballs Thawed
- 24 oz Jar of Spaghetti/Marinara Sauce We use an Olive Oil and Garlic Marinara from Costco
- 14 oz Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 3 + 1/4 cups Chicken Broth
- 15 oz Ricotta Cheese One Container
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese Fresh Shredded Preferred
- 1 cup Mild Cheddar Cheese Fresh Shredded Preferred
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Fresh Shredded Preferred
- 4 Cloves Garlic Diced
- 1 Large Yellow Onion Sliced
- 1 tsp Parsley Dry
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Freshly Ground Preferred
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Mix ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley in a large mixing bowl and let sit on the counter.
- Press sauté on the instant pot.
- Once the instant pot displays “Hot”, add the olive oil to the pot.
- Add the Italian sausage to the pot and break it up with a spatula.
- Add sliced onions to the sausage and stir often until sausage is just about completely browned.
- Drain any fat and add chicken broth.
- Stir and push all bits and pieces under the chicken broth.
- Break the spaghetti in half and layer a handful at a time in different directions to prevent spaghetti from sticking together.
- Use a spatula to even out the spaghetti and get it all under the chicken broth as best as possible.
- Add one can of diced tomatoes evenly across the spaghetti. Do not stir.
- Pour a jar of your favorite marinara or spaghetti sauce evenly across the top of the diced tomatoes. Do not stir.
- Add the thawed Italian meatballs evenly onto the sauce and push them into the sauce.
- Put the instant pot lid on, seal it, and pressure cook for 8 minutes.
- Shred cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- After 8 minutes are complete, open the pressure valve to release the steam.
- Once the red pin drops, remove the lid and stir the spaghetti.
- Add the cheese mixture to the top of the spaghetti in the instant pot and put the lid back on.
- Let sit for ~10 minutes, remove lid, and stir the warmed cheese into the spaghetti.
- Using tongs, plate spaghetti topped with meatballs.
- Top with ~2 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese and ~1 Tbsp of shredded parmesan cheese.
- I use a torch to melt the cheese. You could also place the plate under the broiler for a minute or just dig in.
A few notes before you go
I have tried this recipe with cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese but I believe the ricotta produces the best mellow cheesy flavor that does not take away from the spaghetti taste and leaves a silky smooth cheesy texture. This is by far my favorite instant pot spaghetti recipe. You will not get a “Burn” notice on your instant pot with these instructions. Enjoy your spaghetti dinner!
Don’t Forget to Follow