I wish I could just shout from the top of the trailer “copy cat chipotle chicken is SO GOOD!” Even better, it’s quick and easy in the Instant Pot.
We are big on saving money. Moving into the trailer was not something we took lightly, and one of the BIG reasons was freedom. Including financial freedom. Allowing us to be better setup for the future by living a little smaller now.
Copy Cat Chipotle Chicken Leftovers
The fact that we got three dinners out of this was huge for us! You need to check out Dave’s YouTube Video HERE and (it’s linked below as well) to see our finished bowls, Tacos, and nachos! Each night was just as delicious as the night before.
I even was able to chop some up and get it to the kids for lunches. That is a pretty good return on one night of cooking. I will take it!
We even splurged and got some good beer to compliment dinner.
Instant Pot Copy Cat Chipotle Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 8.11 oz jar La Costena Chipotles Diced Chipotle Peppers
- 1 16 oz jar La Victoria Cilantro Salsa
- 1 Jalapeno diced
- ~5 lbs Chicken Thighs Bone in, skin on to add flavor
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Add jalapeno, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce, and salsa to a large mixing bowl or one gallon zip-lock bag
- Crisscross cut over midway of the femur on the back side/fleshy side/non skin side with a sharp knife
- Pull skin off of the chicken thigh just enough to leave two edges still attached
- Add the chicken thighs to the chipotle salsa marinade rubbing the marinade under the skin and all over the chicken thigh
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or zip the bag closed and let marinate in the fridge for 1 hour or up to 24 hours
- Add olive oil to the instant pot and rub the oil into the inside of the pot with a folded paper towel
- Place the trivet inside the instant pot
- Add 2 cups of water to the instant pot
- Pile the chicken thighs up onto the trivet and then pour the marinade over the top of the chicken thighs
- Lid, seal, and pressure cook for 20 minutes and at the 20 minute beep, kick off the pressure
- Place the chicken thighs on a plate to rest for ~8 minutes
- Using tongs, pull the skin off the thighs
- Using a sharp knife, carefully shave the meat off the bone and remove any cartilage that may have stayed behind
- Chop the chicken and add to tacos, burritos, nachos, fries, salads or burrito bowls
- Use our recipe for cilantro lime brown rice in a rice cooker and top with our corn salsa
More Recipes to Try!
Don’t forget to add Cilantro Lime Rice and Fresh Corn Salad. These both go perfect with our Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken in salads, nachos, and tacos. Heck, I’d even eat each of them by themselves. So unbelievably delicious.
We post new recipes and blogs all the time! Don’t forget to check out our YouTube channel and hit subscribe. You can see all sorts of our adventures on Instagram and Facebook.