Nothing hits the taste buds better than some fresh corn salsa with your dinner!
It’s a perfect go-to as a side with some chips, on top of tacos, or even mixed in a chipotle salad. I added a little hot sauce (just for mommy) and it was perfect. I am a huge believer in just adding to recipes, especially on leftover day. One simple change can completely reinvent dinner the next night.
Fresh Corn Salsa
- 4 Ears Corn or 1 can of corn or 1.5 cups of frozen corn
- 1/4 Onion sliced
- 1 large Jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 Pasilla or Pablano Pepper seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Cilantro chopped small
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 Lime juiced
- If using fresh ears of corn, pressure cook the ears of corn in the instant pot with the husk and silk still on with 2 cups of water for 3 minutes. You may have to cut off the corn shank to fit inside the instant pot.
- Release pressure after the 3 minutes and remove the ears of corn to cool
- Peel the husk and silk right off and slice off the corn
- Run the back of your knife along the corn cob to get everything you missed (milk your corn)
- Add your corn, diced jalapeno and pablano or pasilla peppers, cilantro, salt and pepper, and lime juice to a mixing bowl and mix well
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve over tacos, nachos, fries, salads, inside burritos, or to scoop with tortilla chips
More Recipes to Try with Fresh Corn Salsa!
This recipe is of course a great side. While you’re at it, don’t forget to cook up our Cilantro Chicken to go with your rice. Also recommended is some Cilantro Lime Brown Rice. Together all three are a powerhouse for amazing dinners over several nights.
We post new recipes and blogs all the time! Don’t forget to check out our YouTube Channel and hit subscribe. You can see all sorts of our adventures on Instagram and Facebook. Every subscription, like, and share, really helps us out. It also ensures that we are able to continue to bring you more and more videos and blogs.
Some TheWildWaynes surprises.
We’ve got a few more surprises coming out soon! One miiiiight be something to help find all of Dave’s recipes quick and easy. We’ve been working overtime just for you!