Our family has a bit of an obsession with brown rice. That’s not saying we don’t enjoy white rice, we just tend to lean towards brown rice for most things. When Dave suggested that we make some Copy Cat Chipotle bowls I jumped at the chance for us to make some Cilantro Lime Brown Rice.
Adventures in Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
It was a first for us, so it was really nice that is turned out so perfectly.
It was amazingly delicious and absolutely a repeat make!
As a note, this recipe was made in our rice cooker. We normally stick with our Instant Pot and Air Fryer, but we were using both of them to cook up chicken and tacos. Trying to find space for all three of these appliances was an adventure. We finally just moved the Air Fryer outside. It was hilarious seeing people sneaking looks around the corner to check in on what we were cooking. I’m sure it smelled amazing!
Chipotle (Copy Cat) Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- Rice Cooker
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2.5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Cilantro Chopped
- 1/2 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 tsp Lime Juice 1/2 Lime
- 1 Tbsp Butter Sliced Thin
- 2 Garlic Cloves Diced
- 1 tsp Salt
- Add oil and rice to the rice cooker, stir well covering all rice with oil
- Turn on the rice cooker stirring every minute until rice is nicely browned
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stir well and put the lid on the rice cooker
- Make sure the rice cooker is on, it may take about 30 minutes to cook and then wait another 15-20 minutes after the rice cooker turns off to take the lid off
- Fluff the rice with a fork and serve with tacos, burritos, nachos, fries, salads, beans…
More Recipes to Try!
This recipe is of course a great side. While you’re at it, don’t forget to cook up our Cilantro Chicken to go with your rice. Also recommended is some Fresh Corn Salsa. Together all three are a powerhouse for amazing dinners over several nights.
We post new recipes and blogs all the time! Don’t forget to check out our YouTube Channel and hit subscribe. You can see all sorts of our adventures on Instagram and Facebook. Every subscription, like, and share, really helps us out. It also ensures that we are able to continue to bring you more and more videos and blogs.
Some TheWildWaynes surprises.
We’ve got a few more surprises coming out soon! One miiiiight be something to help find all of Dave’s recipes quick and easy. We’ve been working overtime just for you!