I (Dave) woke up this morning to about 8 requests for this recipe for sweet macaroni salad. I had originally posted my video and blog for Instant Pot Hawaiian Teriyaki Tacos. However, it sounds like everyone really wants to make them together so I jumped up early (did a little trailer work). Then I got the kids playing with some play dough, and hammered through creating this one.
No instant pot or air fryer needed. However, if you are currently living in your fifth wheel like we are I highly recommend this hot plate (single burner) that we use to heat up water. This way we don’t have to use propane.
Sweet Macaroni Salad
- Cutting Board, Knife, Measuring Spoons, Measuring Cup, Mixing Bowl, Mixing Spatula
- 12 oz Salad Macaroni
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ~6 cups Water
- 1 Rib Celery Sliced
- 1 medium Red Onion Sliced Thin
- 1.5 cups Shredded Cabbage 5 oz Angel Hair Coleslaw
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2-1 cup Mayonnaise I like to use 1/2 cup
- Boil water in a medium pan
- After water is boiling, stir in pasta and chicken bouillon flavor
- Reduce heat to medium (ensure water is still boiling, but doesn’t boil over)
- Simmer for 6-7 minutes or until pasta is al dente
- Drain pasta & set aside to cool (you can place in fridge to speed this process up)
- In a large mixing bowl, add apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, black pepper, sugar, onions, celery, and cabbage (angel hair coleslaw)
- Carefully mix ingredients
- Add cold drained macaroni and stir into other ingredients until mixed well
- Cover the top of the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to let the flavors meld (we find making this in the morning makes for an even more delicious salad with dinner!)
Don’t forget to follow us for more!
Dave loves to create YouTube videos of his cooking (sweet macaroni salad will be added shortly!) and trailer projects. If you have a moment to sneak over to YouTube and give him a little love, I know he would really love that. Don’t forget to follow him as well so you don’t miss out on any new content!
We are also on Pinterest and Instagram. Our family Instagram is: @thewildwaynes and Dave’s cooking Instagram is: @instantpotdave — come check us out and see what adventures we are up to.