Dave is on a mission to create easy meals in the Instant Pot. On hard days (pre-fifth wheel living) we often made Red Beans and Rice with Sausage on the stove top. A little tweaking, and he was able to perfect the recipe quickly.
I mean, he really does enjoy making elaborate meals that are different and delicious (and yes, sometimes a little weird or complex), but a lot of our friends have said that they were just “getting started” with their IP’s which made him focus more on the simple and easy.
The kids helped with this one, which is an awesome way for us to get dinner done as well as entertain two little kids. Harrison has been interested in cooking since he was very little and this recipe was just the right level to keep him interested. It helps that he then also ate it (which is a bit hit or miss these days — ah, toddlers).
As always, Dave made an awesome video showing his process creating Red Beans and Rice with Sausage in our Instant Pot. Check it out! He posts video every week with recipes, tiny living life (on occasion), and often some time lapse videos of clouds. Haha, a well rounded YouTube channel. Make sure to subscribe! It really does make his day.
PS – You can always pin this recipe for later!
PS – If you like this, check out our most popular recipe. Exploded Egg Rolls!
Instant Pot Red Beans & Rice with Sausage
- Instant Pot
- 12 oz Package of Sausage Sliced (we used Andouille garlic)
- 1 15.5 oz can Kidney Beans Rinsed
- 1 cup Brown Rice uncooked
- 1.5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1/4 tsp Celery Salt
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- 1 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Peppers
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Slice sausage and set aside
- Press Saute on your instant pot, once hot add olive oil
- Add brown rice and stir every 30 seconds until rice is browned (about 5 minutes)
- Cancel Saute
- Add Broth and all seasoning (mix well)
- Drain and rinse kidney beans
- Add Beans to the instant pot, spreading beans around evenly
- Add sliced sausage also spreading in an even layer
- Lid, seal, and pressure cook for 20 minutes with a 20 minute natural pressure release
- After 20 minutes, release the remaining pressure
- Remove the lid, stir, and dish up!
As always, thank you for your support in our little space on the web. It means the world to us (especially Dave) as we share our lives with you. For more on what we are up to, make sure to find up on Facebook and Instagram. We love new friends especially those who love the tiny living life and/or cooking!