I am going to be honest with you. Dave and I are sitting here two cups of coffee in playing with the kids and I am at a loss for words. Unsure if it is the late night or just the feeling that every blog post seems to need this neat and concise story and this one just doesn’t have one. It is just a great recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan.
Sometimes food is just that. Food.
We had chicken, we had Parmesan, and we had sauce. Boom. Dinner. Lol.
As with most of our meals, both of the kids gobbled it up. I realize more and more that although Harrison is “picky” and Hailey will eat anything and everything… They both tend to always gobble up dinner. They do play hard during the day so maybe part of it is they are just starving by the time dinner rolls around. This recipe was no exception. Als, I had also had a long day and I gobbled this Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan up too — with a giant glass of wine. Dave had a big ol glass of scotch. Lol.
Check out the recipe below, and the YouTube video even further down. Make sure to follow the links to subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified when new videos are posted.
Dave also has some other great Air Fryer recipes like Air Fried Pizza Pockets (super kid friendly!)
Air Fried Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer
- 3 Eggs
- 3 lbs Boneless/Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Plain Breadcrumbs
- 1.5 cups Parmesan Cheese Freshly grated
- 1.5 cups Mozzarella Cheese Freshly grated
- 1 jar Favorite Pasta Sauce
- Grate fresh parmesan & mozzarella
- Mix 1/2 cup grated parmesan with 1 cup bread crumbs on its own plate
- Mix 1/2 cup grated parmesan, salt, and pepper with 1 cup flour on its own plate
- Beat egg on a plate
- Push a chicken thigh into the flour mixture on all sides
- Dip floured thigh into the eggs (completely cover it)
- Push the thigh into the bread crumb mixture to cover the thigh well with breadcrumbs
- Repeat for all thighs
- Let sit for 10 minutes to allow bread crumbs to soak up the egg
- Preheat the airfryer to 400 Degrees for 5 minutes
- Oil the hot basket (an oil sprayer works well)
- Put breaded thighs into the oiled basket leaving a little room between the thighs for air flow
- Spray thighs with oil. Make sure there are no dry bread crumbs
- Airfry at 370 degrees for 10 minutes
- While thighs are cooking, mix the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese together
- Spray thighs lightly and carefully flip thighs (I recommend a very thin spatula to do this)
- Add 2-3 Tbsp of pasta sauce to each thigh
- Heavily top each thigh with the cheese mix (~1/4-1/3 cup)
- Air fry at 370 degrees for another 5 minutes
- Remove Chicken Parmesan thighs from the basket and repeat cooking steps until all thighs are done
Follow us on YouTube!
If you want an easy way to check out all of Dave’s amazing recipes and get a little behind the scenes content on our life in the trailer, don’t forget to check us out on YouTube. Dave posts new recipes every week and I’m working on adding some “vlogs” of our daily life.