I am going to be honest with you. I am sitting here two cups of coffee in with Dave playing with the kids and I am at a loss for words. It might be the late night we had yesterday, or it just might be that every blog post seems to need this neat and concise story and this one just doesn’t have one.
Sometimes food is just that. Food.
We had chicken, we had Parmesan, and we had sauce. Boom. Dinner. Lol.
As with most of our meals, both of the kids gobbled it up. I realize more and more that although Harrison is “picky” and Hailey will eat anything and everything… they both tend to always gobble up dinner. They do play hard during the day so maybe part of it is they are just starving by the time dinner rolls around. This recipe was no exception, but I had also had a long day and I gobbled it up too — with a giant glass of wine.
Check out the recipe below, and the YouTube video even further down. Make sure to subscribe to our YouTube channel to be notified when new videos are posted.
|~3 lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs|
|1/2 tsp Black Pepper|
|1/2 tsp Salt|
|1 Cup Plain Breadcrumbs|
|1.5 Cups fresh grated Parmesan Cheese|
|1.5 Cups fresh grated Mozzarella Cheese|
|1 Jar of your favorite Pasta Sauce|
- Fine shred or grate Parmesan
- Fine Shred Mozzarella
- Mix 1/2 cup grated parmesan with 1 cup bread crumbs on its own plate
- Mix 1/2 cup grated parmesan, salt, and pepper with 1 cup flour on its own plate
- Beat egg on a plate
- Push a chicken thigh into the flour mixture on all sides
- Dip floured thigh into the eggs to completely cover the thigh with egg
- Push the thigh into the bread crumb mixture to cover the thigh well with breadcrumbs
- Repeat for all thighs
- Let sit for 10 minutes to allow bread crumbs to soak up the egg
- Preheat the airfryer to 400 Degrees for 5 minutes
- Oil the hot basket (we use the EVO oil sprayer)
- Put breaded thighs into the oiled basket leaving a little room between the thighs for air flow
- Spray thighs with oil making sure there are no dry bread crumbs
- Airfry at 370 degrees for 10 minutes
- Mix the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese together
- Spray thighs lightly and carefully flip thighs (I recommend a very thin spatula to do this)
- Add 2-3 Tbsp of pasta sauce to each thigh
- Heavily top each thigh with the cheese mix (~1/4-1/3 cup)
- Air fry at 370 degrees for another 5 minutes
- Remove Chicken Parmesan thighs from the basket and repeat until all thighs are done