If you know me, you know I am a sucker for Chicken Alfredo. The creamy sauce makes it #1 for me. You can put that on ANY carb and I’m in heaven. You can imagine the joy when Dave told me he was making this for dinner. Even the kids were crowded around the Instant Pot checking it out.
We are continuing our theme of fast meals in the Instant Pot this week, and Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo might be one of the fastest. It has not been particularly busy this month, but with June Gloom in full effect and not being able to go to a lot of our favorite places because of COVID we have really been feeling like our brains need a break. No need to bust out a 60 ingredient recipe.
Oh, not pictured were the mounds of broccoli that I promise we ate along with it. Gotta add some greens in with my saucy heaven. To be fair, you can eat only Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo but you might regret it later.
We sure hope you enjoy it as well!
Pin now, enjoy later!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot
Rub for Chicken
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder (or dehydrated onions)
- 1/4 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 3 medium Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz Linguine
- 4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1.5 cups Cream (Whole Milk is another option)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese freshly grated
- 1 tbsp 1 Tbsp Cornstarch mixed with 2 Tbsp Water
- ~2 Cups Spinach (optional, but it’s a nice addition!)
- Sliced Cherry Tomatoes (optional, I used red cherry and yellow grape tomatoes)
- Mix all “rub for chicken” ingredients (Salt, Pepper, Garlic & Onion Powder, and Italian Season)
- Rub both sides of the three chicken breasts (coat well)
- Press Saute on the Instant Pot, when hot, add olive oil
- Place chicken breasts into pot and saute for 2-3 minutes on both sides and put on a plate to the side
- Turn off saute
- Add ~1/4 cup chicken broth and scrape the bottom with flat wood spatula to scrape the pot bottom clean
- Add the rest of the chicken broth (4 cups total), cream, garlic & onion powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning to the broth/cream mixture and stir well
- Press Saute again.
- Add the linguine. As the broth heats, press the pasta into the broth with a spatula.
- Add chicken breasts on top of the pasta to keep pasta under the broth
- Cancel Saute
- Lid, Seal, Pressure Cook for 8 minutes
- Once 8 minutes are done, quick release the pressure and plate chicken
- Add cornstarch slurry and mix well
- Optional: Add spinach (optional, add a little more salt and pepper to taste). Stir spinach in well.
- Optional: Let sit for ~3-5 minutes until spinach looks “wilted”
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese into the pasta and spinach until melted and mixed well
- Slice the chicken breasts thin
- Use tongs to plate linguine, add sliced chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella (to taste)
- Optional: Add sliced tomatoes
Don’t forget to follow the journey!
If this made your mouth drool as much as it did mine, don’t forget to check out Dave’s YouTube for some amazing videos. You can also click through our web page and check out all of the goodies we have made. A fan favorite right now is our Cheesy Stuffed Chicken Breast.
Dave posts weekly on his Instagram that we have set aside ONLY for his meals. If you are ready to get hungry make sure to follow him at: @instantpotdave