Hey all! Kim from TheWildWaynes here to tell you the story of the Instant Pot Exploded Egg Rolls.
Wayyyyyyyy back in the day (alright, alright, FIVE YEAR AGO) Dave and I decided to make some life changes. Anywho, we jumped on the Keto bandwagon and could not get enough of this “exploded egg roll” recipe. I made/make it at least once at week. Now that we are tiny living (and I am too lazy to get propane) we finally were able to adapt this to the Instant Pot.
Adapting our recipe to create Instant Pot Exploded Egg Rolls
Same perfect flavor, same crunch, same overall just perfect goodness. You must watch the YouTube video (see below) — Hailey makes an appearance and it is wonderful, cute, and perfect. Just like her.
Want this recipe to be yours forever? Click HERE to purchase as a digital download on Etsy!
Instant Pot Exploded Egg Rolls
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb Ground Pork
- 1 lb Hot Italian Sausage (mild works as well, additionally you can use ground chicken or turkey instead)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Spanish Onion Quartered and then Sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Root Diced
- 5 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Head of Cabbage Core Removed and Sliced Thin
- 1 Carrot Shaved
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Chicken Broth
- 3 Green Onions Sliced Thin
- Prepare Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Carrot and Cabbage
- Hit Saute on the instant pot
- When the pot is hot, add the oil, then the Italian sausage and ground pork (or substitute)
- Chop up the meat well as it browns.
- When about halfway browning the meat, add the Soy Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Salt, Pepper, ginger and Onions, mix well
- When finished browning the meat, add the garlic, carrots and cabbage, mix well
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth (do not stir)
- Lid, Seal, and Pressure Cook for One (1) Minute
- While Instant Pot is cooking, slice the green onion
- After the instant pot cooks for 1 minute, quick release
- Remove the lid and dish up
- Sprinkle green onions on the top & enjoy!
If you are an Instant Pot fan, just like us, I highly recommend checking out our Instant Pot Hawaiian Teriyaki Chicken recipe. Although a little bit more time consuming it is outrageously delicious!
Follow us on YouTube and Instagram
Dave loves to create YouTube videos of all recipes. If you like what you see, make sure to help support us by subscribing and hitting the bell to be notified of all of our new videos.