Hey all! Kim from TheWildWaynes here to tell you the story of the exploded egg rolls.
Wayyyyyyyy back in the day (alright, alright, FIVE YEAR AGO) Dave and I actually thought we were chubby. I mean, the Kim of that time should see the post-kid “Kim bod” and appreciate herself a little more.
Anywho, we jumped on the Keto bandwagon and could not get enough of this “exploded egg roll” recipe. Now that we are tiny living (and I am too lazy to get propane) we finally were able to adapt this to the Instant Pot.
Same perfect flavor, same crunch, same overall just perfect goodness. You must watch the YouTube video (see below) — Hailey makes an appearance and it is cute and perfect. Just like her.
Want this recipe to be yours forever? Click HERE to purchase as a digital download on Etsy!
|1 lb Ground Pork|
|1 lb Hot Italian Sausage (use mild if you’d like)|
|1 Spanish Onion Quartered and then Sliced|
|1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger Root Diced|
|5 Cloves of Garlic Chopped or 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder|
|1 Head of Cabbage Core Removed and Sliced Thin|
|1 Carrot Shaved|
|1/4 Cup Soy Sauce|
|3 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar|
|2 Tbsp Sesame Oil|
|1/2 tsp Salt|
|1/2 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper|
|1/2 Cup Chicken Broth|
|3 Green Onions Sliced Thin|
|2 Tbsp Olive Oil|
- Prepare Onion, Garlic, Ginger, Carrot and Cabbage (see ingredients list for full details).
- Hit Saute on the instant pot.
- When the pot is hot, add the oil, then the Italian sausage and ground pork (Chicken sausage and ground chicken or turkey can be used instead).
- Chop up the meat well as it browns.
- When about halfway browning the meat, add the Soy Sauce, Rice Wine Vinegar, Sesame Oil, Salt, Pepper, ginger and Onions, stir well.
- When finished browning the meat, add the garlic, carrots and cabbage, mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of chicken broth, Do Not Stir.
- Lid, Seal, and Pressure Cook for One (1) Minute with no Natural Pressure Release.
- Slice Green Onion.
- Kick the pressure off at One minute, remove the lid and dish up.
- Sprinkle Green Onions on the top of your Exploded Egg Rolls
PS – Throw this stuff on broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, rice, pasta, zoodles, etc for an extra delicious treat!