We have been working hard at creating a cookbook. In some ways it is the gift that keeps on giving, because we get to revisit some of our favorite recipes.
It also shows us how much we use one trusted recipe over and over again as a “base” for other recipes. This is a really basic recipe and one that I know a lot of people have (or will add) their own flair to.
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts
- note: we used bone-in thighs and removed the skin, it was cheaper and you know we are all about saving $$
- 1 16 oz jar of your favorite salsa
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1 Garlic Cloves (diced)
- 1 Bunch of Cilantro (chopped)
- 2 Jalapenos (seeds removed & diced) **optional
- 1/4 tsp Salt (+ a little extra to season the thighs)
- 1/4 tsp Pepper (+ a little extra to season the thighs)
- 1/4 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- Oil the Instant Pot and press saute
- If needed, remove skin from thighs
- Salt and Pepper thighs
- Place into the Instant Pot once oil is hot
- Allow the thighs to cook for 3 minutes and flip
- Cook the other side for 3 additional minutes and remove from the Instant Pot and set aside
- Add chopped onion and saute until onions are clear
- Note: add a little water (1/4 cup max) if needed
- Scrape the bottom of the Instant Pot every minute or so
- Turn off Instant Pot when Onions are cooked
- Add the Garlic, Cilantro, Jalapeno, Salt, Pepper, Granulated Garlic, and Onion Powder and mix well
- Add jar of salsa and mix
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot
- Place the lid onto the Instant Pot and seal
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes and allow to natural release
- Shred and enjoy!
If you want some ideas on what you can do with your newly cooked chicken, check out this YouTube Video for Chicken Taco Bake!