It was my birthday not too long ago, and I was fortunate enough for Dave to make me mac and cheese. Why not go carb heavy on your birthday!
Like the amazing husband he is, he delivered!
Like the perfectionist he is, he told me “I can do better”, and that’s how we got here… a few recipes later, and what he has dubbed “mac & perfection”.
I happened to put a little TikTok together of Dave making this, and so far about 26.2K people have watched it. Which cracks me up because we are WAY over 30 and TikTok is really not our platform to express ourselves. I guess Gen X likes food. 😉
- 16 Ounces Uncooked Pasta
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 3 TBS Butter
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 – 3/4 Cup Cream
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Colby Cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella (shredded)
- 1 Large Jalapeno – optional
- 3 Diced Green Onions – optional
- 1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1 LB Polish Sausage
- Turn Instant Pot to saute
- Add butter, salt, pepper, onion powder, and Garlic Powder
- Mix well for one minute
- Add pasta and stir well
- After one minute turn saute off and add chicken broth (mix well)
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal
- Pressure cook for 6 minutes then quick release pressure
- Mix in cheese blend 1/3 cup at a time, mixing well
- Add cream to your desired creamy-ness (keep mixing!)s
- Cook polish sausage (we used an air fryer for 6 mins at 400 degrees, but feel free to pan cook)
- Mix together bread crumbs, jalapeno (if desired), and green onions (if desired) and cook at 400 degrees for 4 mins (again, we used an air fryer, but a pan or oven will work just as well!)
- Plate Mac and Cheese and top with polish sausage and bread crumb mixture.
ENJOY! 🙂 <3