I love recipes with 10 ingredients or less! Even better when I only have to dirty 1-2 dishes. I am a firm believer in “less work, more eat”.
A quick note on this recipe – it was originally designed for pork. That didn’t stop me from replacing pork with chicken. If you are inclined to use pork, do so, just make sure to check out Instant Pot cook times online for pork. They are longer than chicken, and I’d hate for you to get an undercooked dinner.
PS – I’m sure it will be equally good. I just haven’t tried it yet.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Kalua Chicken Ingredients
- 1/2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp oil (we used Avocado Oil)
- 2 lbs Chicken
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Liquid Smoke (Hickory)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
Instant Pot Hawaiian Kalua Chicken Instructions
- Salt chicken on both sides.
- Set Instant Pot to sauté & add oil.
- When hot, add chicken and cook until brown on both sides.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add water, soy sauce, Liquid Smoke, and brown sugar & mix together (scrape any browned bits off of the bottom of the pan).
- Put the lid on the Instant Pot and set to High Pressure for 10 minutes.
- When finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- After the 10 minutes, quick release the remaining pressure.
- Shred chicken and enjoy with your sides of choice!
(we had with rice and broccoli)
I sure hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do! If you’ve made it or adapted it, let me know in the comments below. I love to hear how these recipes evolve.