It is summer time, and the temperature outside is proving that. I love saving money, so the least amount of time that the Air Conditioning needs to be on the better in my opinion.
So, when the summer temperatures hit, the trusty Instant Pot is my “go to” for all dinnertime cooking. Also, the best part about using the Instant Pot to cook is you only have one pan to clean. The Instant Pot. 😉
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Not the healthiest recipe, but it sure is good! It’s also a favorite of Harrison’s. Well, as long as he didn’t ask for (and get) 400 peanut butter sandwiches while I was trying to make this.
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 4 Cloves Garlic Diced (or Minced)
- 1/2 tsp Granulated Garlic
- 1 1/2 lb Chicken Breast (Salt and Peppered on both sides)
- 4-6 Strips of Bacon (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 16oz Penne Pasta
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Milk
Note: (for a creamier sauce use 1 cup heavy cream & 1/2 Cup Whole Milk)
- 1/2 tbs Salt
- 1/2 tbs Pepper
- 5oz Parmesan Cheese (shredded)
Total Time: 30-40 mins | Serves: 4 | Kid Friendly
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté.
- Brown bacon until desired crispiness; remove from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Drain bacon grease.
- Keeping Instant Pot on sauté, add salt & peppered chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove Chicken and set aside.
- Add onions and cook for about 2 minutes stirring frequently (they should be soft).
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds, still stirring frequently to prevent burning.
- Add chicken broth and granulated garlic.
- Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any bits of bacon remaining.
- Add pasta while continuing to stir.
- Add chicken breasts on top of pasta.
- Put on the Instant Pot lid & lock.
- Move to pressure setting and set for 3 minutes.
- When complete, allow to naturally release for 5 minutes then finish with a quick release.
- One depressurized, remove chicken and set aside.
- Move Instant Pot back to sauté and add bacon, milk (or milk/cream mix), salt and pepper, and parmesan cheese.
- Allow the mixture to sauté on low while chopping the chicken into bite sized chunks.
- Add the chicken back into the Instant Pot and stir.
- Serve and Enjoy! 🙂